ITC Conference Grants
The call for applications for inclusiveness target countries (ITC) conference grants is open from 12th of June – 12th of July 2020.
- Costs for a virtual (online) conference are eligible due to traveling restrictions associated with the coronavirus pandemic.
- The conference should take place from October 2020 onwards but not later than the 31st of April 2021 (Grant Period 2).
Eligible persons can apply over the e-cost system: https://eservices.cost.eu/user/login.
If you do not have an account, please register. Instructions on how to apply including the general procedure for implementation can be found attached to this email and on the web page of the action https://www.cost.eu/funding/how-to-get-funding/documents-and-guidelines/. They are also shortly summarized in this email.
Who is eligible?
Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students, PhD candidates, and early career investigators (ECI’s, an individual who is within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate full-time equivalent), with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC participating in the Action. ITC are only: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
- The applicant shall make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and shall be listed in the official event/conference programme.
What and how much can be funded?
- Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.- Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount shall be provided by the applicant. Multiple applications to several Actions by the same person to attend the same conference is forbidden.
What are the duties of the grantee?
The Grantee has to submit a certificate of attendance including a short video/picture for dissemination purposes at the COST social media pages. Payment of the Grant is subject to the submitted certificate of attendance / report being approved by the ITC Conference Grant Manager.
How to acknowledge COST?
Any COST Action communication tool (e.g. publications, PowerPoints, etc.) shall integrate a reference to the COST programme and acknowledge the support of EU funding, as indicated in the COST brand book (pages 73-76): https://www.cost.eu/visual-identity/. All outputs generated by a COST Action resulting from the Action’s scientific and networking activities shall display the correct COST logo and its placement according to the visual identity guidelines as presented in the COST Brand Book (link to website page https://www.cost.eu/visual-identity/). In addition, there shall be the EU emblem with accompanying sentence.
CA18220 is looking forward to your application over e-cost.