FUR4Sustain virtual meeting at the time of COVID-19 pandemic: extraordinary historic moment needs extraordinary ideas and action plans!
Fur4sustain cost action project has found itself acting in a completely extraordinary and unexpected scenario, Covid-19 pandemic, which blocked the whole planet.
In this new situation in which we all found ourselves unwillingly, extraordinary proposals are needed to deal with this huge emergency that prevented the EU budget from being exploited. Courageous and extraordinary ideas were promptly proposed.
In this emergency situation, a collaboration between academia and industry and between partners with different and complementary expertise becomes even more imperative and mandatory, considering the severe economic crisis that afflicts the whole world. Fur4sustain intends to be strongly proactive in this sense by helping and supporting the industrial world as much as possible. OUR CHALLENGE is to put forward a synergistic approach for the whole value-chain of FDCA and derivatives TO boost R&D innovation and TO overcome scientific, technological and industrial limitations that hinder the market applications of
Dissemination is of no less importance in this context. In this view, a plethora of initiatives have been planned for the near future:
– Blended MC/CG/WG meeting previous approved to be on Aveiro
– MC/CG/WG meeting in November or further ahead depending on the European pandemic situation.
– The workshop planned to be held together with MC/CG/WG meeting will be a separate on-line event in September.
– Blended Training school previous approved to be on Nice
– 2 dissemination meetings aiming at disseminating the Action’s achievements
– 1 LOGO
– Publication expenses, which include Open Access licenses
– Multimedia content such as videos
– Further development of Action site
-Blended (online + physical) MC/CG/WG meeting
Despite the difficulties and a very uncertain future, we intend to continue contributing actively together to the development of a sustainable world. COVID-19 won’t stop us.